Seattle is one of the most well-known and leading technology capitals of the world. With giants like Microsoft and Amazon, along with tech start-ups popping up by the minute- there is no shortage of innovation in our great state. Now Pacific Science Center is introducing “tech takeovers” into many of their exhibits and experiences, giving visitors the opportunity to learn and explore everything from VR (virtual reality) to AR (augmented reality).
Here are some of the highlights:
- Startups in Residence: The science center is now home to two incubator spaces with startups-in-residence- Curio Interactive and Hyperspace. Museum visitors can stop by each daily and meet their innovators, test their prototypes and learn more about their visions for the future.
- VR Microtheater: This virtual reality experience is an eight-minute 260-degree deep dive into the ocean called, The Click Effect. Let go and be immersed in the movie, swimming to the depths of the sea without leaving your seat.
- Sandbox AR Table: Get hands-on and mold sand in this augmented reality experience that explores geology and geography.
- Tinker Tank: The “Tinker Tank” is a place for using creativity and imagination to solve and build. Now you can take space travel into your own hands at the Tinker Tank wind table. Get your paper to fly and then using augmented reality you can view it as a spaceship flying through hoops!
- These tech experiences are currently included in your ticket price- so no extra fees apply!
- Buy online here and skip the line. You can present your tickets right on your phone.
- Visiting the city? Consider purchasing a CityPass and save up to 42% on admission!
- All youth under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Get location, hours of operation and all other info related to the Pacific Science Center here.