Take me to the ballgame,
Take me out with the crowd…
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack…
I don’t care if I never get back…
Let me root, root, root for the home team….
It’s almost Mariners baseball season! That’s right, the time has come to throw that first ceremonial pitch and “Play Ball!” as opening day at Safeco Field is just around the corner. Join the Seattle Mariners as they take on the Cleveland Indians at Safeco field- Thursday, March 29th at 7:10pm. All fans will receive a magnetic schedule, thanks to sponsor Key Bank.
One of the most anticipated updates for the 2018 season (aside from the looming question of whether or not Felix Hernandez will start on opening day) is the new donut bar “On- Deck Donuts!” These sweet treats can be customized to order with dipping sauces and topping including powdered sugar, frosting and (even) bacon bits! You’ll find it in section 136.
Homeruns, Strikes, and Statistics:
- This is only the second time in 10 years that the Mariners have opened their season at home!!! Could it be good luck for the season?
- Bringing in a bag? That’s fine as long as it fits securely under your seat and measures no more than 16” x 16” x 8”- note all bags will be searched.
- Thirsty? While Safeco Field’s dining services provides plenty of options (both alcoholic and non) for imbibing- empty and factory sealed water bottles (non-enhanced, flavored or carbonated) along with children’s juice boxes ARE allowed in the stadium.
- Gates to “The Pen” open 2 ½ hours before game time with happy hour prices until one hour prior to the first pitch being thrown.
- Make sure to download the MLB Ballpark app. Through the app you can do check-ins, get a map, even take advantage of special offers and rewards.
- Want to get a tour of Safeco Field? You’ll be guided on the ins and outs of this state-of-the-art stadium including the Press Box, Owners Suite, Field, Dugouts, Visitors’ Clubhouse and more! Catch the tour:
- On days with games after 6pm at 10:30 am and 12:30pm
- Sign up for your tour here: https://www.mlb.com/mariners/ballpark/toursMariners schedule notes: this year’s season opens four days earlier than in the past and is spread out over 27 weekends (162 games over 186 days). The Mariners will play at home for 14 of the 27.