Easter in the City! The Best Hoppity Happenings in Seattle
Sunday, April 1st the Easter bunny comes hopping into Seattle and there are a number of fun things to do in the area to celebrate. Check out a few of our most egg-citing finds, below!
Woodland Park Zoo’s 17th annual Bunny Bounce:
- When: Saturday, March 31st from 9:30am-3:00pm
- What: This beloved event features amazing egg hunts for kids ages 1-8, Easter and spring-themed crafts, and other fun encounters throughout the day. Join the Woodland Park Zookeepers as special Easter baskets made of flowers, berries and favorite zoo treats are fed to animals throughout the zoo. Featured animals include jaguars, lions, snow leopards, pigs, otters, bears, lemurs, meerkats, penguins, wallaroos and wallabies. Check out the complete line-up here: This is a first come, first served event and you need to BYOB (bring your own basket)
- Where: Woodland Park Zoo: www.zoo.org
Seattle Community Center Egghunts:
- When: Saturday March 31st, at 10am
- What: Most Seattle neighborhoods are lucky enough to have their own Community Center and the majority of them are hosting egghunts this year on. These egghunts are free and are targeted for children 11 and under.
- Where: Your local Community Center- see if it’s participating here.
Argosy Cruises: Easter Brunch & Egg Hunt:
- When: April 1 from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm
- What: This family-friendly event is a great day to spend the day, take in the beauty of the area, celebrate Easter AND fill your belly. The tour starts at Pier 54 and heads to Blake Island (an island not accessible by land)
- Where: Argosy Cruise Lines. Get info here and check out the video here.
Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt
- When: Saturday, March 31 at 8:30 pm (sharp!)
- What: If you’ve got older children (ages 7 through 12) they might be ready for the ultimate egg-hunting experience- the Flashlight Egg Hunt! This entertaining eggstravaganza- happens in the dark- so bring your flashlight! WIth tons of candy and prizes on the line- be the first to find the golden egg for an “egg-stra” special treat!
- Where: Mercerdale Field, Mercer Island. Get info here.