One of the most anticipated events of the year is coming to Seattle! Emerald City Comic Con brings comic enthusiasts and “fandom from every corner of the nerdy galaxy” to the Washington State Convention Center once a year, to celebrate creativity and bring to life some of their favorite characters. From March 14th through the 17th comic book enthusiasts can canoodle with Captain America, hang with Harry Potter and go toe-to-toe with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. From signings to seminars- Emerald City Comic Con gives aficionados the opportunity to meet some of the most-admired authors and artist in the genre.
The 4-day fan-extravaganza also features a variety of other events at locations throughout the area. Explore topics from “Whole New Worlds: Indie All-Ages Comics,” to “Women of the Marvel Comic Universe,” to “Star Trek: The Next 50 Years.” Bring your memorabilia for autograph signings and take deep dives into discussions with your favorite creator. Check out the full schedule here.
Things to note:
- In 2018 over 95,000 fans gathered to celebrate all things comic and pop culture- this year promises to be even more popular.
- THIS EVENT DOES SELL OUT, so get a ticket as soon as you can. You can find tickets online here. Please note, In buying a ticket, you consent to having your photograph taken.
- All muggles (that’s Harry Potter speak for non-wizard humans) 6 years old and up need a ticket. Kids ages 6-12 must purchase a 4-day ticket, and those 13 and over need an adult ticket. All attendees should prepared to show proof of age onsite.
- There are plenty of food and drink options inside and outside the venue, so you will not go hungry!
- Emerald City Comic Con is a space where you should feel free to express your fandom in any creative way you choose without harassment. There is a ZERO Tolerance Policy for harassment of any kind, so feel safe to be who you are!
- Please note costumes are allowed and encouraged. However, if your costume involves a prop weapon certain guidelines should be followed. You can check them out here.