What may seem to onlookers like just another summer celebration, Ballard SeafoodFest has actually been a growing neighborhood tradition for over 44 years! It all began in 1974,when the Ballard Elks and leaders from Ballard’s industrial fishing community came together to kick off the first SeafoodFest. Originally a two-hour barbeque, the event was designed to raise money for the Ballard Chamber of Commerce. As the years have passed, the event has continued to grow- adding vendors, musical performances, family-friendly activities and more! Now a 2-day celebration with over 60,000 seafood-loving attendees, this gigantic party is packed with delicious seafood, beer gardens, an incredible lineup of live musical performances, arts and craft booths and more!
This year’s event takes place July 13th through the 15th and celebrates all things Ballard!
You will not go hungry!
- Don’t miss Trident Seafoods’ Alder-Smoked Salmon Dinner featuring delicious salmon, melt-in-your-mouth garlic bread from Larsen’s Danish Bakery, coleslaw and beverages. Cost is $12 person.
- Crab lovers get ready for the Crabshack Lounge returning this year!
- Enjoy a variety of foods from booths and trucks all weekend long.
What else to “see” at the Seafood Fest:
- Ballard Seafoodfest is a family event! The Ballard Market Kid’s Deck has activities for your little ones all weekend long including- balloons, art, hula hoops, bubbles, pop-a-shots, sidewalk chalk and more! Don’t miss a variety of shows geared just for the kids like drumming, yoga, and more. Get the entire schedule here.
- Really hungry? Enter Ozzie’s World Famous Lutefisk Eating Contest! You will compete against nine other contestants to be the fastest to eat 2 lbs.of lutefisk!!! Details here.
- Festi-Bowl Returns! It’s not all about the food at Ballard SeafoodFest. Skate Like a Girl hosts Festi-Bowl, an all-ages, all-abilities skateboard event! The event is an opportunity to showcase your shredding skills or to learn more. See the line-up here.
- Shop Local! Throughout the weekend Ballards’ shops and restaurants will be open to the public. Take some time to explore all this fantastic community has to offer.
- Game Plank: Take a break from eating and head to Game Plank where you can play yard games including cornhole, giant Jenga and more open Saturday only from 11am-5pm).
- Want to volunteer? You’ll not only get to be a part of one of the area’s most fun events- but you’ll receive a free salmon BBQ dinner! Click here to learn more.
- Get all of the details, schedules and directions here.