Festival season is upon us in Seattle and there is no doubt that Capitol Hill Block Party (CHBP) is one you don’t want to miss! This annual 3-day music festival features “big name” national artists, promising local talent and the soon-to-be-discovered.
20,000 attendees take over the streets of Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood to experience more than just incredible music. Block Party is the celebration of one of Seattle’s most eclectic and inclusive neighborhoods! Featuring six stages, multiple beer gardens, dozens of restaurants and businesses- the energy is one you won’t soon forget.
This year’s CHBP takes place July 20th-22nd with headliners including Father John Misty, Dillon Francis, Brockhampton, Oh Wonder, Goldlink, Cashmere Cat and Alvvays. You can check out the complete 3-day line-up here.
Block Party Basics:
- Block Party happens rain or shine (and sometimes the rainy concerts are the biggest dance parties!) so dress accordingly.
- Tickets can be purchased here and options include single day passes, 2-day passes, 3-day passes and VIP 3-day passes.
- VIP Passes include: access to the VIP lounge, private facilities, complimentary food and drinks, a Capitol Hill Block Party Weekend Survivor Kit and swag bag, freebies from the sponsors and access to charging stations.
- CHBP is an all ages festival. Some stages are limited to 21 and over as they are either located in bar settings or within a beer garden.
- Children under 6 are admitted for free!
- Need a little help purchasing tickets? Payment plans are available in 2 installments for 3-day and VIP passes.
- Wristbands are exchanged at the gates for your ticket- which makes it easy to exit and re-enter the festival.
- Credit cards are accepted within the party, and ATMs are easy to access at many local businesses (including Big Mario’s Pizza, Neumos and The Comet Tavern)
- The Block Party is all inclusive, in fact they describe the event as “freak friendly.” The website states “if you’re uptight about people who are different from you, you might want to go to the mall or something.”
- Unfortunately pets besides service animals are not permitted.