If you’ve been in Seattle for any length of time, then you’ve most likely heard of Bumbershoot. One of the largest contemporary music and arts festivals in North America, Bumbershoot descends on Seattle Center every Labor Day weekend for an incredible celebration that is the perfect send-off to summer. For Seattleites, Bumbershoot is not just another music festival, but a destination for artists, musicians and fans alike. This year, the festival runs August 30th through September 1st and marks the 48th year.
This year’s headliners include: The Lumineers, Tyler, The Creator, Rezz, Louis The Child, H.E.R., Jai Wolf, LP, Taking Back Sunday, Hippie Sabotage, Carly Rae Jepsen, Alina Baraz, Summer Walker and many, many more. You can get the complete line-up here.
Along with scores of musical performances, Bumbershoot also showcases performances in comedy, theater, film, visual arts, dance performance and more! There’s something to love for everyone ages 1 to 100- including The Maker’s Space, located inside The Armory, designed just for kids 12 and under.
Music is definitely the highlight of Bumbershoot, but there are plenty of great eats as well. Renowned restaurateur, Dan Bugge (of Matt’s in the Market, Radiator Whiskey, The White Swan Public House, and 100# Clam) is curating the B-Eats program with a delicious selection of Seattle’s best eats. Check out the delectable choices here.
You can also get your zen on at Yogashoot! Yogashoot celebrates the exquisite art of yoga presented by Corepower Seattle. Class is included with your ticket price, and times and dates will be announced here as the festival nears.
There are many underserved youth and families in our area who would love to attend Bumbershoot, but do not have the means. Consider purchasing a ticket through “Send-A-Kid.” Donate directly to One Reel. Learn more here.
● There are no refunds or exchanges on tickets, even if there is an unexpected artist cancellation.
● This is the Pacific Northwest so the party goes on rain OR shine!
● General admission tickets, VIP, 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day passes are available. You can purchase on-line here, or at the box office (hours here).
● Tickets are required for children ages 8 and over. Those who haven’t hit their 8th birthday are welcome for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
● Seniors 70 and over are free as well! (with photo ID)
● Aside from the Beer Gardens (21+) and various VIP areas, the festival is open to visitors of all ages.
● Please note: all performance areas have limited capacity- so your tickets do not ensure that you will get a spot at every performance. Early arrival, or VIP tickets are suggested to ensure access to concerts.